Events
The Witch House
310 Essex Street, Salem, Massachusetts 01970
voice (978) 744-8815 / fax (978) 741-0578
Email: info@corwinhouse.org
Mission Statement

The Witch House, a property of the City of Salem Park and Recreation Department, is a historic site offering public tours, educational programs, and historical interpretation. It is dedicated to preserving and interpreting the social history and material culture of the seventeenth century, as well as providing information about the Salem witchcraft trials of 1692 and their connection to the house's long-time owner, Judge Jonathan Corwin. The Witch House, which is listed on the National Register of 1675 and is the only home standing in modern-day Salem with direct ties to the witchcraft trials of 1692. It was restored to its seventeenth-century appearance in 1945 by Historic Salem, Incorporated, and opened to the public in 1947. The Witch House is committed to providing an exemplary program of public access that interprets the history, architecture, and collections of the house in a relevant, educational, and engaging way.

Contact Information

The Witch House
Elizabeth Seater, Director
info@corwinhouse.org
c/o Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department
PO Box 465
Salem, MA 01970

Doug Bollen,
Superintendent of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
Email: dbollen@salem.com
Phone: 978.744.0733 / Fax: 978.740.9299


Events

Back to SalemWeb